Monday, November 01, 2004

Reality hits hard, does it?

I've not been able to blog for the past few days because I've not been able to use the PC.
Just blogging for 2 days has got me hooked. (!)
Wonder how long I can keep this blog alive. Lol.

A blog ago, I was pretty dejected because of situations and things that happened around me.
You know, in our daily walk, we face a lot of ups and downs.
When we're a good time, we're good with our friends- we feel very happy, sometimes like being on top of the world, wishing that nothing will change for the worst.

But we all know that the reality hits hard and our fallen nature does not allow us to have a great time (relatively) all the time.

Why is it when we're hurt, it leaves an impact so deep that sometimes our happy times seems to bring more hurts when we think about it.
But even if we're feeling happy, the hurtful past seems to come and ruin our happy times.

Perhaps it's our choice whether to let the memories disrupt our moment of happiness and we suddenly feel depressed amidst happiness.
Anyone knows what I mean?
I've certainly felt that a good number of times.

When we're hurt, it is as what Pastor Robert Ling said on fireBRANDS, we tend to lose trust.
We build a wall around us not wanting people to poke us again.
The funny thing about hurt, or rather, the natural tendecy of our fallen nature is; sometimes we want to get back at the person who hurts us. We turn into someone who we would loathe previously. In the process of that, we involve somebody else and end up hurting another person. And so the vicious cycle repeats itself.

I heard this song just a few moments ago:

Hurt
by Johnny Cash

"I hurt myself today,
To see if i still feel,
I focus all the pain,
The only thing thats real,
The needle tears a hole,
The old familiar stain,
Try to kill it all away,
But I remember everything,

(Chorus)
What have I become,
My sweetest friend,
Everyone i know,
Goes away in the end,
And you could have it all,
My empire of dirt,
I will let you down,
I will make you hurt,

I wear this crown of thorns,
Upon my liars chair,
Full of broken thoughts,
I cannot repair,
Beneath the stains of time,
The feelings dissapear,
You are someone else,
I am still right here,

If I could start agian, a million miles away, I will keep myself, I would find a way."


Sometimes, we're so afraid of hurting others, we also build a wall around us.

But many times, we should learn to forgive. It'll hurt, oh yes it will. But as each time it hurts, we've to ask God to help us forgive. It may not go away in one shot, but more often than not, it takes time.

Many times, God has bring me back through pain. When I'm pained, my conscience pull at my heartstring: Oh, how sometimes I've hurt the One who loved me enough to die for me to take away my punishment by the actions I do, by the things I placed as priority over Him, by disobedience.
If it hurts me when it happens to me, it must hurt others when I do the same.

The Truth is, when things are going rough and tough, the Word of God should always be the Anchor and we'll not get drifted away.

This brings back memory of the Boys' Brigade who's motto is Sure and Stedfast.

The Anchor Song

Words and Melody by G. Stanley Smith
(G. Stanley Smith was the son of Sir William Alexander Smith, the Founder of The Boys' Brigade)
(Midi File © sequenced by John Irvine, Wishaw and District Battalion July 2000)

1. There's an emblem fair that is known to all
A sign to help us through
It stands for strength and it stands for right
An Anchor tried and true
The emblem of The Boys' Brigade
It helps us on our way
Our fathers knew in days gone by
This sign we know today

Sure and Stedfast *
The Brigade Boy's Motto clear
That's our watchword, when trouble and trials are near
Sure and Stedfast to the flag that flies above
In all that we do we'll try to be true
To the Anchor that we love

2. With gallant heart and gallant soul
On life's broad sea we'll sail,
Whate'r the storms of life may bring
Our Anchor must prevail
And though the clouds may cross the sun
And skies grow dark and grey
We'll face the foe until we've won
A glorious victory.

* Until recently, the word Stedfast in the B.B. Motto was spelt as shown. This spelling was taken from the King James version of the Bible, Hebrews Chapter 6 at verse 19. In the 21st Century and with the many differing versions of the Bible available, the Brigade decided that the accepted form of spelling Steadfast should now be used.


source:http://wishaw.boys-brigade.org.uk/anchor.htm

Till my next blog,
Josh

No comments: