Friday, November 19, 2004

You know What I did during Raya? (haha)

(^_^) then (-_-)"' then (>_<) then (T_T) then (T_T) It's my mood for the pass few days.
I'm so pissed off with microsoft!!! My PC crashed on me for the past few days.
"You got 7 days to activation". This I thought was resolved months ago, but now it's back to haunt me.
Finally reformatted.
It was like shooting a movie:

(FYI: there a local production called: "I know what you did last Raya", but I didn't care to watch it anyway)

Reformat Take 1:
copying files.... 39 minutes left... complete! Install drivers.... install antivirus, firewall. install all others things.
Yipee!! can use already.
Connect Internet.
Suddenly: NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM: remote procedure call service.. windows shutting down. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Director @ me @ James(my bro): "What?!.. cut cut cut" that wasn't supose to be on the scene.

*actually this happened to my bro who was formatting. I was away.

Reformat Take 2:

copying files.... 39 minutes left... complete! Install drivers.... install antivirus, firewall. install all others things.
All systems go!
Go internet...
Upadate anti-virus, update anti- spyware.
Few minutes later: System Shutdown.

"Cut cut cut!!"
(What went wrong?! Maybe this OS(operating system. eg Win Xp, Mac OX, Linus) edition got problem)

Reformat Take 3:

copying files.... 39 minutes left... complete! Install drivers.... install antivirus, firewall. install all others things.
All systems go!
Update all security programs.
Few minutes later: System Shutdown.


But this time, got a way to work around this interupting 'extra actor'.
Connect to the internet use another account created on PC.
However... the PC was super slowwwwww.

"Cut cut cut"

At this juncture, a different OS was used.
Reformat Take 4:

copying files...error cpoying file ---... ignore after retrying many times.) 39 minutes left... complete! Install drivers.... install antivirus, firewall. install all others things.
Run system.... Hang!!!

"cut cut cut"

Director's postmortem: Some "main actors" went missing, change boot disk.

Do it the following day:

2nd Day
Reformat take 5
Deputy Director(me) takes all control:

same things happen like in Take 3.
Getting fed-up.

"Cut!!"
(maybe need to clean up everything b4 reformat or it'll be slow[which was not the root of the problem actually])

Reformat 6,7:
Change back original OS.
After complete, still has the NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM problem.

Finally went Internet and found out the problem was caused by an "unwanted actor"
It was a Blaster Worm!!
Then discovered my PC got infected with Sasser!!

Finally:

Reformat take 8:

copying files.... 39 minutes left... complete! Install drivers. Before doing anything else,

Update all security holes!!!

All succesful!!
Scene ends!!

Now I'm back online!! YAY!!
muahaha.

Anyway, a tip for all future fomatting "directors", after done installing the OS, get all necessary security update b4 using your INternet browser to surf.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the PC start acting up on Saturday. Sunday was a rest day, so didn't do anything.

Monday: James decided to format PC, but I went to visit Hang/Amin. Met many class mates and friends who I haven't seen for ages.
Every one's like different save the "bubbliness" of the bubbly bubbles. hehe.

Watched Incredibles later in the afternoon. Really nice show. You know what? You just have to watch it to know the incredibleness of it ^_^

After finished movies, dinner time. but..... got the usual dilema.
"WHAT IN THE WORLD TO EAT?!!"
or rather, in PENANG.
Not that there's nothing, just that there's abundance to choose from. I'm so blessed with having so much food around me, sometimes I just forget there are people out there who are starving.
Anyway, I still do complain about food. *grin grin* I can't possibly eat bad food, right?

Tuesday: Woke up at 1. The entire day was wasted doing nothing. Seriously. I walk up and down the house trying to study, but very little came in.
My bro was using the PC the whole day. Couldn't reformat(again) it yet. I could only use after 12am.
I'm so pissed off at him coz he hog the PC the whole day to play games even though the PC is spolit. Grrrrr.... but manage to kept my cool the whole day.. by studying albeit not really registering in my brain. haha

Ended up sleeping at around 3.45am.
I'll end this blog up to Tuesday.

No comments: