Tuesday, January 11, 2005

?Am I what I am?

Today's Monday.(duh)
Ok, so 1 of my new year's resolution is to write a tleast once a week. Writing every day seems time consuming to me. But it kind of let me reflect on that day... but like I said, it's a llittle too time consuming for me.hehe.

I'll try to do it eventually. I'm d1/2 blogging, 1/2 doing homework. I hope both don't come out too jumbled up.. lol.
(If you find this entry too boring, go to the end of today's entry and read a joke ^_^)

Sunday was a rather unique day. Happens only once a year.
The 4th OCOV!!
The venue: Matahari Ballroom@Hotel Equatorial!
Once again worship was in the many languages that we have; English, Tamil, Chinese and Bahasa Indonesia/Melayu.
It is really awesome when the Lord's name is praised in different tongues.
Bahasa work has really grown in FGA over the past years. Really fruitful. Praise God for it.
According to a source, total attendance was 1400!!


The afternoon was spent sleeping.
I really 'geram' with my bro...
It's a known fact that C.Pox is contagious, yet he doesn't want to get into the room when we get back. Arrgghhh!!!
Only later at night really had enough, have to ask him to get back into the room 'forcefully'
(-_-)""


Monday:
Doctor declared James no longer contagious.
Wondered if he was yesterday.
Anyway, what's passed is past.
Today, I woke up at 6.30am. Feeling uneasy all over. Got up and imeediately prayed and read bible after a glass of water.. I rarely do that in the mornings unless I have no class. Anyway, later I was feeling much better. Whole day in school from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
The classes were draning and return traffic tiring just to sit through it.(i'm not driving)
Got back at ~6.30pm, took a bath, immediately hit the sack...
Got up 1 hour later for dinner.
Do homework lo... until now. blog, homework, chat,blog, homework, chat,blog, homework, chat.
(^_^)

Am I.......
Lately, a few people have been telling me some that they realised I wasn't who they thought I was. Not just 1, more than 1. (@_@)
This has me reflecting. Though I'm not the type that actually cares to act to impress, I'm now wondering what image have I projected myself to be. Have I deceived people? Or was I just judge by looks... hmmm... or have I changed a lot over the years that people have known me.
Actually, some years back, my ex-school mates did tell that they like me better the way I was lsat time. It had me trying hard to be who I was, but of course I felt rather miserable trying to fit into people's opinion. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that I changed to speak profanity or become a ruffian, etc. It more of change of character, i suppose(?)
I don't really know... hehe... I think I was growing to be more vocal of certain things.

But then when I reflect back, church and successfully(to some degree) people have influenced me in shaping myself. I realised that in the process, my values have grown to change as well. Well of course I don't admit to be able to always fillter out what's good and what's not so good.
But I'm learning.
Some characteristics which may seem good and fitting to others, may not be so to others.
So what do I do? Try to please everyone and act differently to different people?
Man, I think I better stop my course right now and become an actor.

....What I Am?
My conclusion?
I think I'll stick to be what I am right now.. and continue to ask God to mould me. Of course if I'm definitely wrong in some of my ways, I hope people will come and tell me about it. (^_^)
I like to be what I am.. Yay!!

Here's a joke a friend shared with me.

America vs. Malaysia....
US:We have mocha
MY:We have "NesLo"
US:We have cappucino
MY:We have teh tarik
US:We have pancake
MY:We have roticanai
US:We have the Golden Gate
MY:We have the Penang Bridge
US:We have "Star Spangled Banner"
MY:We have "Jalur Gemilang"
US: (Fumes) What do you have that we don't?
MY: We still have our TwinTOWERS! You've lost yours.
US: (.............)


I thought to post it here (minus the profanity) to show how we can emulate others, but yet have our own identity.. Some may find it insulting at the end, sorry if it was. It's just a joke

No comments: