Friday, January 28, 2005

Thursday

I went out like for the 1st time in 13 days (-visiting doctor), although it was only 2 hours. I went to a shop 2 buy parts for my project.

I really don't know how I spent my day. It was like suddenly I was so occupied with don't know what. Unnecessary stuff.

One big problem which I'm trying to overcome is procrastination... and also prioritising my things.

Anyway, I got a confession to make today...
I forgot about my daily devotional time to God today. (>_<)

Sometimes it's very hard to find time to just devote the few minutes in quiteness and reading the word. Assignments, projects, coming end test; all this takes a lot of my time... but then, as I write this, I begin to think "Is God my priority now?" ........ (the sound of silence)
To be honest, I must admit many times I left devotional time at the bottom of my "to do list" for the day. And like this day, i just forgot about the last thing on my to do list. Anyway, I did finally go through my daily bread for thursday.

You know what was the message?
"Consumer Christianity"Let me quote a portion directly from it"

'If we were only customers of Almighty God, we could be selective in our faith and reject anything we didn't like. But that's no the idea.."
In a world where customer is always right, it takes radical obedience to God to keep from buying into "Consumer Christianity."'

Basicaly, the verse and the message was: "If anyone desires to come after Me(Jesus), let him deny himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow me." Luke 9:23

Well, it's not like it's the first time I read this nor heard it preached about it.. but this is like the RHEMA for me at this point.

Another rhema: "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 9 :25

It's not like I'm lost yet, nor do I hope to get lost and I hope by God's mercy and grace, I won't... but it's more of telling me: Hey, is it worth sacrificing God time for work time?

It doesn't mean my struggle ends here after reading this, I know I'll still be struggling, but surely and steadily, I will overcome this struggle.
This is God's will.

No comments: